Consumer Medication Information Leaflets / Risalah Maklumat Ubat untuk Pengguna (RiMUP)
- Consumer Medication Information Leaflet (RiMUP) is a copy of patient information leaflet for a medicine, which outline the conditions under which the medicine should be used and information on its known safety.
- Product registration holders are responsible for producing RiMUP, using a format template set by NPRA. The information in RiMUP must be in-line with the approved package insert at the time the RiMUP was evaluated by NPRA by using layman words.
- The information in RiMUP may be updated several times within its shelf life whenever there is an update in the package insert. There could be differences between the version of RiMUP shown here and other information in the public domain depending on the country regulatory’s requirement.
- NPRA has used its best endeavours in publishing this information but the information in RiMUP may not be the most up-to-date version for this product.
- If a RiMUP for your medicine is not available yet, please consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
- NPRA is unable to offer medical advice and that if a patient has any questions about a medicine they are taking they should contact their doctor or pharmacist. Patients should not stop taking any prescribed medicines without first consulting to a healthcare professional.
- Suspected adverse reactions to a medicine can be reported to NPRA by filling up the Reporting Form for Medicines Complaints by Consumers in this website (Public →Reporting).
- NPRA does not accept liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by use or reliance on the information provided in RiMUP.
RiMUP is available for prescription and non-prescription medicines registered for use in Malaysia. These leaflets are targeted for the consumer which are available in English and Malay version. You may download the leaflet and print it out for future reference. For more information on how to use these RiMUPs, click here (1 page PDF).
Other sources of medicine information: